Do you live in Georgia and looking for HOPE Scholarship details? The HOPE scholarship, also known as the H.O.P.E. (Helping Outstanding Pupils Educationally) scholarship is for Georgia residents only who have shown their academic excellency. The people behind HOPE know that college can be very expensive and many families are under the stress of helping to pay for college for their son or daughter. A college education is very important and the people of Georgia know that. If you want to get a HOPE scholarship, here are some things that you NEED to have in order to qualify:
- Get your Grade Point Average (GPA) Up!: If you have a low GPA, get it up higher than a 3.0. You need to have at least a 3.0 GPA in order to get a HOPE scholarship. That means you should be getting at least B’s in high school. Do not settle for any C’s. Get A’s and B’s and you will be one step closer to getting a HOPE scholarship.
- Graduate from High School or have your GED: It’s important to have your high school education so that you can qualify for HOPE. The HOPE scholarship is reserved for people who are serious about education so get that GED or high school diploma.
- Take the SATs or ACT and Get a Good Score: You need to score in the 85th percentile or higher in the SAT or ACT. Being the 85th percentile depends on what other pupils score in your grade but if you get a high score on your SATs you don’t have to worry about what other people got.
- Be a U.S. Citizen and resident of Georgia: This is one of the easiest requirements that you must meet. You’re probably meeting this already.
- You have to be drug-free: If you got caught with any misdemeanors involving drugs or alcohol this may hurt your chances of getting the HOPE scholarship. If you have any records of crime, try to get them cleared so that it is not on your record